Overnight Adventure Stay
- Minimum of 2 riders and max of 6 riders with one guide. Private rides available.
- Approximately 2 hours of riding on trail, but riding time may vary depending on the pace.
- The pace can be adjusted from laid-back touring (no riding experience required) to a faster paced ride for the experienced rider.
- Optional guided visit to El Tule over 2000 year old cypress tree and 16th century church frescos in Tlacochahuaya.
- Depart from the city office 8:30 am. This is the suggested time, private rides can choose their start time.
- Return next day around 4 pm.
- Two of the mentioned guided activities (entrance fees included).
- English and Spanish speaking instructor.
- 1 night lodging in double or single occupancy suite at Rancho Pitaya.
- Lunch and dinner on day one. Breakfast and lunch on day two.
- Round trip transport from our office in Oaxaca’s historic city.
- Suitable clothing: long pants, long sleeves, covered shoes
- Water bottle (refills available)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Personal medication
1 participant in single occupancy: 14000 pesos
2-3 participants in double occupancy: 9000 pesos per person
4-6 participants: 7000 pesos per person in double occupancy
Holiday Dates: December 19 - January 4 & October 28 - November 3
1 participant in single occupancy: 16000 pesos
2-3 participants in double occupancy: 11000 pesos per person
4-6 participants: 9000 pesos per person in double occupancy
Note: Add 1000 pesos per person to include practical on-trail riding instruction.
Discounts and surcharges:
Single room supplement 750 pesos
- 500 peso discount for cash payments in pesos
- Visa, Mastercard and Paypal accepted
- Horseback Mexico is a small outfitter with limited horses and guides
- No refunds for cancelled riding tours
- Activities can be rescheduled if space is available
Novice: From first time riding to comfortable on a horse to do occasional trail rides.
Moderate: Have ridden for a minimum of 100 hours & can post a rising trot and canter on calm but fit horse outside of the area.
Experienced: Have ridden for a minimum of 500 hours & accustomed to riding independently a spirited horse outside of the arena & comfortable riding with English or plow reining NOT exclusively western neck reining.
Choose from guided horse riding, hiking or birdwatching. Eat, relax and sleep at a rural guest ranch.
Take one night and two days to dive into this in-depth Discover Oaxaca adventure where you will have the opportunity to experience the fascinating cultural, culinary and biological diversity of Oaxaca. Explore the Tlacolula Valley on foot, horseback or by car and immerse yourself in the exotic nature and traditional culture that is still very much alive here today. Combine your stay at Rancho Pitaya with two of the following guided activities:
Real Oaxaca Full Day Ride: Spend the morning meandering through the diverse ecosystems of the communal lands surrounding the ranch and the traditional farm lands that straddle the Rio Salado.
The Hidden Canyon Hike: This hike winds around a mystical canyon where wild orchids and towering cacti live together. Hike out from the ranch surrounds by big vistas and imposing mountains. Your guide knows the unique and fascinating flora of the slopes and the fascinating limestone formations. Snacks and drinks included. Moderate fitness required.
A Birdwatching Wonder: Birdwatching is perfect way to spend time immersed in the outdoors in one of the world’s great birding hotspots. Learn about how birds reply on the unique native flora and adapt to the area’s distinct land usage. Binoculars provided.
Villages and Craft Tour: Meet artisans in their homes at work weaving beautiful woolen rugs. Visit arguably the most beautiful and uplifting church in Mexico, a 16th century delight painted in all-natural pigments. No fitness level required. This tour includes: knowledgeable Spanish and English speaking guide and vehicle transportation, water and snacks.