Real Oaxaca Full Day Ride
- Minimum of 2 riders and max of 6 riders with one guide. Private rides available.
- Approximately 4 hours of riding. Paster faced rides may be slightly shorter in duration.
- The pace can be adjusted from a relaxed walking tour to faster gaits for the experienced rider.
- Optional visit to the biggest tree on earth, a Bald Cypress over 2000 years old.
- Depart from the city office 8:30 am. This is the suggested time, private rides can choose their start time.
- Return approx 3.30 pm, about 7 hours from pick-up to drop-off.
- Approximately 4 hours of riding
- English and Spanish speaking guide.
- Cold water, refreshments and snacks on ride.
- Freshly-prepared lunch after the ride.
- Round trip transport from our office in Oaxaca’s historic city.
- Suitable clothing: long pants, long sleeves, covered shoes
- Water bottle (refills available)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Personal medication
1 rider: 6250 pesos
2-4 riders: 4250 pesos per person
5-6 riders: 3750 pesos per person
Holiday Rates & Dates: December 19 - January 4 & October 28 - November 3
1 rider: 7250 pesos
2-4 riders: 5250 pesos per person
5-6 riders: 4750 pesos per person
Note: Add 1000 pesos to turn this into an instructional ride.
- 200 peso discount for cash payments in pesos
- Visa, Mastercard and Paypal accepted
- Horseback Mexico is a small outfitter with limited horses and guides
- No refunds for cancelled riding tours
- Activities can be rescheduled if space is available
Conservation, sustainability and tradition are what this longer ride is all about.
Ride through several ecosystems: old-growth cacti forest, lands rich in wild agaves and the unique deciduous forests featuring aromatic bursera and native yucca trees. Then, take a break from the saddle; stretch in the shade, refresh with snacks and soak up the panorama views of the majestic Sierra Juarez. Ride across the Rio Salado and into the sustainable farmlands where horse-drawn carts & emerald alfalfa fields turn back time.
Relax at Rancho Pitaya over a freshly-cooked meal. Admire the details of the classic adobe construction, the native flora, refuge for over 30 species of birds. Binoculars available.