Full Day Ruins to Backcountry Ride
- Minimum of 2 riders and max of 4 riders with one guide. Private rides available.
- Approximately 4 hours of riding on trail, but riding time may vary depending on the pace.
- The pace can be adjusted from laid-back touring (no riding experience required) to a faster paced ride for the experienced rider.
- Depart from the city office 8:30 am. This is the suggested time, private rides can choose their start time.
- Return around 4 pm, about 7 hours from pick-up to drop-off.
- Approximately 4 hours of riding
- English and Spanish speaking guide.
- Entry fee to pre-Hispanic ruins of Dainzu.
- Cold water, refreshments and snacks on ride.
- Lunch after the ride.
- Round trip transport from our office in Oaxaca’s historic city.
- Suitable clothing: long pants, long sleeves, covered shoes
- Water bottle (refills available)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Personal medication
1 rider: 5900 pesos
2 riders: 4400 pesos per person
3-4 riders: 3900 pesos per person
Notes: Add 1000 pesos per person to turn this into an instructional ride.
- 200 peso discount for cash payments in pesos
- Visa, Mastercard and Paypal accepted
- Horseback Mexico is a small outfitter with limited horses and guides
- No refunds for cancelled riding tours
- Activities can be rescheduled if space is available
Tour the archeological site of Dainzu, explore tranquil backcountry and ride past an authentic hacienda.
Ride among Zapotec temples, then explore them on foot at the end of the ride. Ride your strong horse on old mountain trails to sweeping vistas of the Sierra and Valley of Tlacolula. Encounter a Camino Real lined with towering cacti hundreds of years old.
Rare native flora and strange geological formations make every step along this ride a fascinating experience. Discover ancient bridges hidden in wetlands rich in birdlife and ride past the exotic gardens of a restored hacienda.
Refresh with wholesome snacks during the ride, then return to Rancho
Pitaya for a delicious Oaxacan-style feast . Relax in hammocks or explore the ranch to meet the other horses before private transport returns riders to the city.