Half Day Discover Oaxaca Ride
Everyone should experience Oaxaca’s extraordinarily diverse nature!
This ride begins at Rancho Pitaya in the rural village of Rojas de Cuauhtemoc – a 30-minute drive outside of the city. Explore the exotic foothills of the Valle de Tlacolula riding safe, well-cared for horses with a knowledgable English-speaking guide. Surround yourself in Oaxaca’s rich biodiversity and traditional culture. Guaranteed “off the beaten track” experience in small groups, on trained horses.
- What to bring
- Booking policy
- Book now!
- Minimum of 2 riders and max of 6 riders with one guide. Private rides available.
- Approximately 2 hours of riding on-trail. Shorter ride can be requested at same price. Fast-paced rides may be slightly shorter.
- The pace can be adjusted from a relaxed walking tour to faster gaits for the experienced rider.
- Depart from the city office 8:30 am. This is the suggested time, private rides can choose their start time.
- Return around 12:30 pm, about 4 hours from pick-up to drop-off.
- Up to 2 hours of riding.
- English and Spanish speaking guide.
- Refreshments and snacks after the ride.
- Round trip transport from our office in Oaxaca’s historic city.
- Suitable clothing: long pants, long sleeves, covered shoes
- Water bottle (refills available)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Personal medication
1 rider: 2500 pesos
2-4 riders: 1700 pesos per person
5-6 riders: 1500 pesos per person
Notes: Add 500 pesos per person to turn this into an instructional ride.
- 100 peso discount for cash payments in pesos
- Visa, Mastercard and Paypal accepted
- Horseback Mexico is a small outfitter with limited horses and guides
- No refunds for cancelled riding tours
- Activities can be rescheduled if space is available