Half Day Discover Oaxaca Ride
- Minimum of 2 riders and max of 6 riders with one guide. Private rides available.
- Approximately 2 hours of riding on-trail. Shorter ride can be requested at same price. Fast-paced rides may be slightly shorter.
- The pace can be adjusted from a relaxed walking tour to faster gaits for the experienced rider.
- Depart from the city office 8:30 am. This is the suggested time, private rides can choose their start time.
- Return around 12:30 pm, about 4 hours from pick-up to drop-off.
- Up to 2 hours of riding.
- English and Spanish speaking guide.
- Refreshments and snacks after the ride.
- Round trip transport from our office in Oaxaca’s historic city.
- Suitable clothing: long pants, long sleeves, covered shoes
- Water bottle (refills available)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Personal medication
1 rider: 3000 pesos
2-4 riders: 2000 pesos per person
5-6 riders: 1700 pesos per person
Holiday Rates & Dates: December 19 - January 4 & October 28 - November 3
1 rider: 3500 pesos
2-4 riders: 2500 pesos per person
5-6 riders: 2200 pesos per person
Notes: Add 500 pesos per person to turn this into an instructional ride.
- 100 peso discount for cash payments in pesos
- Visa, Mastercard and Paypal accepted
- Horseback Mexico is a small outfitter with limited horses and guides
- No refunds for cancelled riding tours
- Activities can be rescheduled if space is available
Novice: From first time riding to comfortable on a horse to do occasional trail rides.
Moderate: Have ridden for a minimum of 100 hours & can post a rising trot and canter on calm but fit horse outside of the area.
Experienced: Have ridden for a minimum of 500 hours & accustomed to riding independently a spirited horse outside of the arena & comfortable riding with English or plow reining NOT exclusively western neck reining.
Everyone should experience Oaxaca’s extraordinarily diverse nature!
This ride begins at Rancho Pitaya in the rural village of Rojas de Cuauhtemoc, a 30-minute drive outside of the city. Explore the exotic foothills of the Valle de Tlacolula riding safe, well-cared for horses with a knowledgable English-speaking guide. Surround yourself in Oaxaca’s rich biodiversity and traditional culture. Guaranteed “off the beaten track” experience in small groups, on trained horses.