Ride, Cook and Eat
Riding can be exchanged for guided hiking or birdwatching. No experience needed for this multi-disciplined adventure!
Spend the morning exploring on horseback lands rich in wild agaves used in making mezcal and native cacti sought out by the birds and the honey bees. Stunning panorama vistas surround the ride back to Rancho Pitaya.
Enjoy a cool drink and snacks while joining a hands-on cooking class in the ranch’s beautiful kitchen. We’ve created a truly do-able cooking class where local cooks share authentic and easy-to-prepare Oaxacan dishes. Co-hosted by a knowledgable English speaker.
You’ll take home recipes such as Rajas con Queso made with the local fresh cheese from the village, Rustic Guacamole , Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, Black bean soup and Rancho Pitaya’s Famous Mezcal Margarita.
And best of all? You get to savor these fantastic flavors over a relaxed lunch on our spacious outdoor dining terrace.
- What to bring
- Booking policy
- Book now!
- Minimum of 2 riders and max of 6 riders with one guide. Private rides available.
- Approximately 2 hours of riding on trail, but riding time may vary depending on the pace.
- The pace can be adjusted from laid-back touring (no riding experience required) to a faster paced ride for the experienced rider.
- Depart from the city office 8:30 am. This is the suggested time, private rides can choose their start time.
- Return around 4:00 pm, about 7 hours from pick-up to drop-off
- Approximately 2 hours of riding.
- English and Spanish speaking guide.
- Informal hands-on cooking class.
- Delicious lunch cooked in the class.
- Round trip transport from our office in Oaxaca’s historic city.
- Suitable clothing: long pants, long sleeves, covered shoes
- Water bottle (refills available)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Personal medication
1 participants: 4500 pesos
2-3 participants: 3800 pesos per person
4-5 participants: 3400 pesos per person
Notes: Add 500 pesos per person to turn this into an instructional ride.
- 200 peso discount for cash payments in pesos
- Visa, Mastercard and Paypal accepted
- Horseback Mexico is a small outfitter with limited horses and guides
- No refunds for cancelled riding tours
- Activities can be rescheduled if space is available